Pasta salads are one of our favourite additions to the dinner table! They are so easy to prepare and taste delicious with barbecued meats and other yummy veggie salads.
Barkat Gluten Free Pasta Spirals are the ideal pasta to use for summer pasta salads. It takes just 10 mins to prepare and taste delicious when mixed with any of your favourite salad additions.
Here's our favourite Pasta Salad Recipe:
Makes 8 servings
350g Barkat Pasta Spirals
150g Frozen Peas
1 Red Onion, chopped
50g Rocket Leaves
50g Olives, Chopped
100g Tomatoes, chopped
200g Feta Cheese, Crumbled
1 Lemon, juice and grated zest
A pinch of Salt and Pepper
A glug of Olive Oil
2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1. Boil the pasta in water and a pinch of salt plus a small glug of olive oil. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes until it is perfectly al dente.
2. 3 minutes before the end of the pasta cooking time, add the peas.
3. Whilst the pasta is cooking, chop the tomatoes, red onion, olives and feta cheese. Add these ingredients to the mixing bowl with the rocket leaves. Grate the lemon and add the zest to the salad bowl.
4. Once the pasta and peas are cooked, strain and rinse under cold water until cool. Add the pasta and peas to the rest of the salad. Mix well.
5. Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the salad, add a glug of olive oil and red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
6. Mix really well and enjoy!
Take pictures of your yummy Barbecues and don't forget to send us pictures!