Rhubarb Spice Cake
We love the vibrant taste of rhubarb and this deliciously moist rhubarb spice cake, is a perfect sweet treat for spring. We use Barkat flour and baking powder to make this gorgeous recipe gluten free.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and put the kettle on.
- Butter and line a deep 20cm square cake tin.
- Sift the flour and spices into a bowl.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in the food processor, then beat in the golden syrup.
- Dissolve the baking powder in 200ml boiling water, then gradually pour through the spout of the processor. Pulse in the flour, then add the eggs, mixing briefly.
- Remove the bowl from the processor, then gently stir in the rhubarb.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 50-60 mins, until the cake feels firm to the touch and springs back when pressed. Cool in the tin for 5 mins, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar.