So we thought we'd share our easy baking recipes that are naturally gluten free (of course).
Chocolate Easter Egg Nests (perfect for the kids to make)
- 225g/8oz plain (good quality) chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g/2oz butter
- 75g/3oz Barkat cornflakes
- 36 mini chocolate eggsMethod
- Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and press 3 chocolate eggs into the centre of each nest. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set.
- Preheat the oven 160C/325F/Gas 3. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk until well combined.
- Fold the flour into the mixture, then stir in the mixed spice, currants and candied peel. Stir in enough milk to form a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and cut out the biscuits with a fluted cutter (there are so many Easter-inspired cutters around!).
- Place onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven, brush with the reserved egg white, sprinkle with sugar and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the tray and set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- We will be posting more next week. These two recipes should certainly get you in the baking mood!