The Italian cuisine is one of the most popular- and it is easy to see why. There's nothing more comforting than a bowl of pasta, a slice of crunchy garlic bread and a big slice of pizza. Being gluten free no longer means that you will have to miss out on these favourites.
So if you want an Italian Feast, follow our tasty tips:
1 par baked baguette
1 head of garlic
A splash of olive oil
A pinch of sugar
A pinch of salt
Mozzarella (if you want a cheesy topping)
This is seriously simple-
1. Preheat the oven to 200c
2. Smash the head of garlic to release the cloves and place them in a roasting tin, still in their skins. Add a splash of olive oil and a pinch each of salt and sugar and toss together. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and, when cool enough to handle, squeeze the soft, roast garlic out of their skins.
4. Press the garlic cloves into the baguette (add them to taste).
5. Bake the baguettes for 15 minutes. The baked baguettes should be golden-brown and have a slight sheen to them.
6. If you want a cheesy topping: once cooled, preheat the grill to hot. Slice the bread, top with mozzarella and grill until melted and bubbly.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake
This pasta dish is packed with nutrients and is seriously tasty- a real crowd pleaser
400g Buckwheat spirals
2 peppers (yellow and red make it lovely and colourful)
1 handful of pine nuts
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp of pesto
a pinch of salt and pepper
a glug of white wine
1 tbsp of tomato puree
grated mozzarella for a cheesy topping
1. Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil and when hot add the shallots and garlic
2. When soft add the peppers, aubergine, courgettes and leave to cook for 10 minutes mixing every now and then
3. Add a glug of wine and stir, then add the tomato puree, and the pesto and stir.
4. Season with salt and pepper and add the pine nuts. Leave to cook for another ten minutes.
5. Meanwhile cook the pasta for 15 minutes and add salt to taste.
6. Once the pasta is cooked, drain with water and add the pasta to the sauce and mix.
7. Then pour into a casserole dish and cover with the grated cheese
8. Put in the grill for ten minutes until golden and crispy
Serve with the garlic bread and enjoy!
Italian cooking- gluten free style!
Next time: Pizza filling ideas- send us your suggestions!