The sun has been shining. The long weekend was a success and the breakfast challenge is still going on.
This weekend I tried to rustle up a gluten free summer inspired breakfast as the sunny days will soon be creeping to an end.
So on the menu was: Maple syrup baked peaches with Greek Yoghurt and a flapjack topping. This is seriously simple to make but it went down a treat.
6 flat bottomed peaches
A good drizzle of maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp muscovado sugar
200 ml Greek Yoghurt
175g golden syrup
175g muscovado sugar
350g Barkat Porridge Flakes
½ lemon, finely grated zest
pinch ground ginger
* Set the oven at 150c
* Slice the peaches in half horizontally and place them skin up on a baking tray
* Drizzle the maple syrup, cinnamon and sugar over the peaches
* Bake in the oven for 40 mins
For the flapjacks:
* Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
* Melt the butter in a medium pan over a low heat (use a small amount of the melted butter to line the baking tin)
* Add the golden syrup and sugar to the butter and heat gently. Once the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the porridge flakes, lemon zest and ginger.
* Pack the mixture into the baking tin and squash down
* Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
* Once it is perfectly golden brown, leave to cool for 15 minutes, then turn out on to a chopping board and cut into squares.
Serve the peaches in a bowl, spoon on the greek yoghurt and then top with the delicious flapjacks.
If you aren't a fan of peaches you can opt for seasonal berries or bananas instead.
Make use of our special deal! Get the Porridge Flakes for £2.99 NOW!
The breakfast challenge is almost over- let us know what you've thought of our choices!